Friday, April 9, 2010

From One of my Bestest and Smallest Friends



















"...So many times, I’ve rushed decisions and justified them with spectacularly rational reasons, with the thought “The Lord wants me to take responsibility, and He’ll open or close doors or ‘give me peace’ about a decision”… This thought the clarion as I kicked my way blindly through doors, windows, whatever… This practice has dominated my life peppered with times of last minute prayer, not sitting still or staying quiet long enough to hear an answer.
...
“Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him…”ps. 37:7 ” They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength…” isaiah 40:31. So does that mean to stand still Lord? ”Yes, Be still and know that I am God”. So does that mean no plans Lord? “Yes, Because I guide you with my counsel, I direct your steps.” But inaction does not imply laziness, on the contrary! I am to be watchful, sober-minded. Even my shoes are not shoes of action but of “readiness given by the gospel of peace” eph 6:15. I am eager, peacful, but fervently seeking Him. If any action exists it is the pursuit of truth, His word..."


Her name is Kelley Carder. She is beyond a wonderful writer. And she is a wise old lady. Her blog is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment