Sunday, May 30, 2010

i met zooey deschanel and she liked my dress. and i died.





the end.
not really.
here's the story:
i went to go see she and him tonight with jamie, kelly, kristina and andrew.
once i brought up my love for zooey to my friend alisa whose step-dad jeff is a beach boy.
jeff is friends with zooey.
i got jeff's number and texted him, "hi jeff, it's jen the mexican. i am going to see your friend zooey tonight in oakland. wanta tell her that i'd love to meet her?"
and jeff was so nice. he called her and told her i was his niece.
backstage passes were on will call and i picked up two.
after casting lots kristina was the one who was going with me.
so the show was AMAZING. (pics to come later.)
afterwards we were lead downstairs to this like conference room (where kristina helped herself to a free bottle of water).
in like 5 minutes she walked in.
other people came up to talk to her and we plotted how were were going to make our move.
someone else asked to take a picture with her and she said she didn't like to take them.
so i was sad but we sneakily took like 3 poor quality ones-one on my camera, two on kelly's phone.
so eventually we made ourselves get up from our chairs and go over to her and her parents (who she mentioned were there during the show).
so i just kinda said "hi, i'm jeff's niece".
And she was really friendly.
She said Jeff was great and I agreed.
She asked said they were in Santa Cruz last night. I asked how it was and she said that it was good but nothing like tonight's show (big and spectator and wonderful).
SHE SAID SHE LIKED MY DRESS.
she looked over at kristina and said you guys match. like her back up singers.
so kristina asked her for her autograph and she took awhile writing it.
so i struck up conversation with her mother (who reminded me of the fashion lady on the incredibles...small lady in all black with round glasses).
i asked if they were up visiting and she said they came up for the concert and were staying in the city.
she asked if i was from san jose and i said yes but i went to san diego for college.
she asked where and when i told her point loma nazarene university she seemed to have heard of it (surprisingly).
and i told her i moved back and now i'm a teacher.
she asked what i taught and i said elementary school, an intervention teacher.
she asked what i meant and im thinking uhhh this is weird zooey is signing her autograph for me and i'm explaining to her mother what i do....
anyways i tell her i help students who need extra support, mainly Hispanic ones.
i'm trying to remember everything that was said.
i told her the show was wonderful and held back and didn't tell her i liked her dress even though i wanted to really bad. really bad (and could have told her for like 20 minutes how much i loved her style).
kristina said that she was so happy she played the last song because she has been obsessed with it. Her parents agreed and zooey said they were bias.
so basically we thanked her and she said she was going to go to bed!
and that was it!
pics to come.
ahhhhhh.
im going to replay this in my mind 6 more times before i go to sleep.



6 comments:

  1. whwaaaat you are the coolest person I know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so jealous. She is so pretty and sings well and her house is beautiful (domino did a big article on it once). You saw those big blue eyes in person! Of course she liked your dress, because she has great style, and so do you! Yay Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i wanna meet her! im seeing them live this week! july 7 wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMFG!!!!! You are my hero! I love zooey. I am her biggest fan. It is my dream to meet her. I hate you right now >:|

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm 3 years later. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Yes, that was me when I saw that you met her. I'm from Uruguay, I'd never met her, or see She & Him Live :(.

    ReplyDelete